Running a city is no easy task and it takes a strong background in business and personnel management. Having not only experience in this field but also education is vitally important. After serving my first five years of active duty service in the US Army, I completed several leadership development schools to include Primary Leadership Development course. This teaching laid the foundation of a results-focused leadership program that teaches the Non-Commissioned Officer to lead from the front and by example.
I also currently hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management. My course work included finance, personnel, employment law, contract negotiation, and more. This program assisted me in my professional career and helped me to progressively advance. I currently serve as a Director for a Large Michigan Based telecommunications provider
In 2011, I successfully earned my PMP designation from PMI. The Project Management Professional certification is a highly sought after accreditation conveyed to trained and capable individuals who meet not only minimum training requirements but also possess at minimum a bachelor’s degree in a related field along with demonstrated and documented experience. Managing projects is a difficult and multi-faceted operation. Being able to contend with competing interests and schedules while working to accomplish an objective is part of what I do every day in my career, it’s who I am. I look forward to putting those skills to use to help the City of Westland continue to move forward toward success.
List of further Education above High School
- US Army Basic Training – 1995
- US Army Telecommunications course. Microwave Systems – 1996
- US Army Primary Leadership Development Course – 1999
- US Army Telecommunications Course. Network Switching Systems – 2003
- Bachelors of Science in Business Management – University of Phoenix – Traditional Ground Student – 2008
- PMP Project Management Professional Training – 2011
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certification – 2012
- Cisco ICND1 and ICND2 – 2012